Monday is usually my spin day, but I am feeling quite lethargic from my 18 mile run yesterday, so I did something totally unlike me and decided to skip spin and take it easy today. Today was a lifting day anyways! It was chest and back day. I have been varying around the different types of workouts that I do but I found one sequence that I am enjoying. It helps that Cardio Express has some great back machines I can make use of.
Chest and Back Lifting Workout:
(I do all 3 sets of 10-12 reps)
1. Bench Chest Press – im at 65 right now, need to work on that
2. Lat Pulldown (on machine)
3. Incline Bench Chest Press
4. Back Row (on machine)
5. Incline Dumbbell Chest Rows
6. Standing Lateral Raises
7. Bench Dumbbell Back Row
8. Pushups (20 each set, I need to work on that to…)
9. Assisted Pull-up machine (I have 20 assisted so pulling up 100…. i NEED to be able to do an unassisted pull-up!)
So there it is! I am feeling my upper body right now as I am typing this… I had some creamy and peanut-buttery oatmeal in an almost empty peanut butter jar this morning. Studystudystudystudystudystudy is the plan for day…. so pumped! I just have to remember to breathe and on Friday afternoon it will all be over.