Morning! It has been a few days since I have posted.. but thats because nothing exciting or noteworthy has really been going on. Seriously. This week is dragging. Workout, Eat, Class, Study for Argus, thats about the extent of it. Argus Exam is on Friday, cant wait for that to be over with!
I made some Eggplant Fries on Monday night, recipe from Oxygen Magazine. They tasted like the ones I got at Max Burger once ——> soooo good.
Eggplant Fries w/ Yogurt dipping sauce:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Slice up 1 large eggplant into wedges (this makes a lot of fries, you could use only half the eggplant)
- Beat 2 eggs in a bowl, throw in some pepper or seasonings
- Pour 3/4 cup of either panko breadcrumbs, oat flour, or almond flour (for gluten free) into another bowl (I used breadcrumbs and they were delicious)
- Take your eggplant wedges and dredge them in the egg mixture, then roll in the flour mixture
- Place on a baking sheet lined with tin foil or parchment paper
- Slide into the oven, and bake for 25 minutes!
- Optional: combine some hot sauce, paprika, and plain nonfat greek yogurt for a yummy, spicy dipping sauce
- Enjoy! We had ours paired with a roasted red pepper and feta turkey burger.
In running news, I strained my hip flexor during my long run on Sunday, so I have been taking it easy this week. I have a half marathon in Hyannis on Sunday so I suppose I could call this my taper week. I am just praying that I will be okay to run it! I swam yesterday, and did 2 miles on the treadmill this morning, but it felt tight.
I am so excited for this marathon, but I am looking forward to focusing on weight lifting and getting stronger after it is done. Today I did Shoulders, Triceps and Biceps. I try to vary my workouts around to switch things up and use different muscles, but here is the routine that I am liking right now:
Shoulders, Triceps, and Biceps Strength Routine:
(Group each two together as a superset pair, do 10-12 reps of each, 3 sets)
- Standing Shoulder PushPress
- Hammer Bicep Curl
- Incline Bench Bicep Curl
- Squat Overhead Shoulder Press
- Seated Reverse Dumbbell Curl
- Cable Curl
- Lying Tricep Extension (try to do a triple stop at as you extend behind you and when you bring back to starting position)
- Standing Triceps Pressdown
- Dumbbell Side Lunge
- Standing one-armed Tricep Extension
- Single-leg Bench Squat/ or Weighted Bench Step Up
- Shoulder Raises (out to the side and out to the front)
- Tricep dips (I usually do 20, but do to fatigue)
If your feeling ambitious and dont have a race or a 20 mile run coming up, finish with the leg squat machine! And always finish with some sort of ab workout!
So that routine combined with my chest & back routine (which I posted about earlier) Is what I have been focusing on. I think I am seeing results, I have been pretty sore, and my shoulders did look good in the mirror at the gym this morning! 😉
Have a good day!